The Riva Row Boat House is located along The Woodlands Waterway
across from Town Green Park. Kayaks, paddles and life jackets are available.Phone:
Single kayaks: $15 for the first hour
Tandem kayaks: $20 for the first hour
$5 per additional hour
(Valid ID required for all rentals)
Boats are first come, first serve.
Life jackets are included in all kayak rentals.Hours:
Summer Hours: Every day 9am - 7pm, except Wednesday.
Non-Summer Hours: Every day from 9am - 6pm, except Tuesday and Wednesday.
Holiday schedule: Closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. The last boat out is 45 minutes before sunset. Riva Row Boathouse Tips & Suggestions:
How old must you be to rent a Kayak?
- Be sure to bring plenty of water!
- Come early if you'd like to bring a large group -- kayaks are first come, first serve. Alternatively, you can pre-reserve kayaks by calling ahead beforehand.
- Leave your purse / wallets in the car, or bring a lock with you for the lockers on site.
- Bring an extra large ziplock bag for your wallet, cellphones and cameras -- even a small amount of water can permanently damage your electronics!
- Dress in cool clothing.
- For extra protection, bring sun block, sunglasses and a hat
- If you're new to kayaking and worried about blisters, bring an extra pair of workout gloves for your hands
- Careful! You can bring food and drinks, but glass containers and alcohol are not allowed.
Children under 9 years old must ride with someone 16 years old or older.I've never been on a kayak before, can I still rent on on my own?
Yes! Most people get the hang of kayaking pretty quickly, and don't require previous experience or training.Are dogs allowed?
Yes! Dogs can ride in the kayaks. The Woodlands Dog Park Club has generously donated dog life vests for dogs of any size. There is no additional charge for furry friend kayakers.Riva Row Boathouse Location & Amenities:
* Walking distance from The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
, Market Street
, Town Green Park, and a short trolley ride
from any spot along The Woodlands Waterway
* Light concessions and lockers available (bring your own lock!).
* Parking available along Riva Row and adjacent parking lots.Parking:
Parking is available along the street near the Riva Row Boathouse (see green areas on map below).Map to the Riva Row Boathouse in The Woodlands:Address:
2101 Riva Row
The Woodlands, TX 77380