TOP CUT TREE SERVICE
GROUNDSMAN -Tree Trimmer
Tree trimmers and pruners, also called arborists, cut away dead or excess branches from trees or shrubs to clear utility lines, roads, and sidewalks. Although many of these workers strive to improve the appearance and health of trees and plants, some specialize in diagnosing and treating tree diseases. Others specialize in pruning, trimming, and shaping ornamental trees and shrubs. Tree trimmers and pruners use chainsaws, chippers, and stump grinders while on the job. When trimming near power lines, they usually work on truck-mounted lifts and use power pruners.
Primary Responsibilities of the Job Description
• Using sophisticated climbing and rigging techniques, cut away dead or excess branches from trees or shrubs to maintain right-of-way for roads, sidewalks, or utilities or improve trees’ appearance, health, and value.
• Tree trimmers cut away dead, obstructive, or excess branches from trees and shrubbery.
• Utilize chain saws and work crews to safely cut down limbs.
• Climb trees with safety devices to properly cut down limbs.
• Prune or treat trees or shrubs using handsaws, pruning hooks, sheers, and clippers.
• Use lifts and power tools to gain access to high areas.
• Fill in cavities of trees with chemicals to promote healing.
• Remove debris and cart away large limbs for disposal.
• Tree trimmers cut branches away from power lines.
• Cable, brace, tie, bolt, stake, and guy trees and branches to provide support.
• Utilize climbing equipment or buckets of extended truck booms, and/or chainsaws, hooks, handsaws, shears, and clippers.
• Use shovels and rakes to clear debris.
• Submit job estimates.
• Manage work crews.
• Clear sites, streets, and grounds of woody and herbaceous materials, such as tree stumps and fallen trees and limbs.
• Tree trimmers spray and treat diseased trees.
• Reshape trees to create aesthetically pleasing shapes.
• Water and fertilize trees.
• Apply tar to cut surfaces to seal in moisture.
• Strip bark from trees.
• 2 or more years trimming and pruning trees
• A Texas driver’ license is required
• 1-2 years’ experience driving forestry trucks
• Mandatory use of safety equipment at all times
Contract - Full Time
Contact this Employer »