We are a small Family Practice Office in The Woodlands, Texas and are hiring a receptionist for the front desk. This person should be cheerful and pleasant to deal with, be able to multi task, and enjoy working with the public even under occasionally busy conditions.
Some of your duties will include:
• Answering phones and setting appointments
• Verifying insurance information to determine the correct amount to collect from patients
• Check in each patient collect their copay or deductible and correctly record the transaction
• Pull charts (we use a mix of paper and electronic records) and prepare the chart for the visit
• Review all phone messages, conveying them to the appropriate person
• Print the faxes we receive, scan them into the system and deliver them to the appropriate person
• Send faxes to other offices
• Refile patient charts at the end of the day and maintain the charts in alphabetical order
• Print and prepare medical records as needed
A very small percentage of the time, when the nurse is not in the office, you will not do reception work, but instead room patients so you will need to have completed your Medical Assisting degree and have your license so that you can give injections, draw blood and assist with minor office procedures and exams as needed.
We work from 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday, but we are frequently done and go home by 2 on Friday. If you would like to apply, please email me your resume. I will call you for an interview if it seems we might be a good fit for each other. ****@*****.***
Employee - Full Time
Contact this Employer »