Division: Corporate Administration
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Description: currently seeking a Payroll Accountant for corporate payroll department, reporting directly to the Payroll Manager. The Company maintains a centralized payroll function for 2800 domestic employees, consisting of the parent company and a number of operating subsidiaries. Payroll is processed for eight Federal I. D. ’s and approximately twenty bi-weekly / weekly pay groups. The Company has employees in 15+ States, primarily concentrated in the Gulf Coast area.
• All payroll related general ledger processes and reporting, account reconciliations, and company auto program.
• Assists with monthly, quarterly, and year-end tax activities.
• Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and reporting.
• Assists with processing amendments, researching and responding to regulatory agency requests as needed.
• May include the processing of multistate payrolls, employee maintenance, and time adjustments.
• Minimum 7 years experience in both payroll and accounting required, with the majority of experience being in a mid-sized oil field services company or similar service organization with a diverse group of service / product offerings and multi-state payroll.
• CPP preferred.
• Accounting degree a plus and / or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in preparing general ledger entries, accruals, intercompany transactions, account reconciliations, payroll taxes, and company auto / moving fringe benefits is required.
• Experience with foreign currency transactions, JDE Enterprise One, UltiPro as the in-house payroll system, and Infor / Workbrain time and attendance including job costing are all a plus.
• Must be analytical, detailed, team player, deadline oriented and can multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Proven ability to communicate with operations personnel in a collaborative, professional and supportive manner.
Employment Type: Contract - Full Time