The Woodlands Property Tax Rates:
The total average
tax rate for The Woodlands, TX, including: MUD, County, School District, and Township is: $2.59 per $100 valuation (in 2010 )
This rate can vary depending on your county (Harris County or Montgomery County), your school district (Conroe ISD or Tomball ISD), your owners association, and other factors. These are recent tax figures to estimate average tax rates in The Woodlands. Please consult your local tax office to get exact figures.More property tax information can be found at your county's taxing authority web site:
Don't know which county you live in? Use this link: What County in The Woodlands Am I in?The Woodlands Tax Office
1520 Lake Front Circle Map
The Woodlands, Texas 77380
(281) 292-3325 Montgomery County Tax Office
J.R. Moore Jr. Tax Assessor-Collector
400 N. San Jacinto Map
Conroe, Texas 77301 Telephone Numbers:
Tax Collections and Main: (936) 539-7897
Accounting Department: (936) 539-7809
Auto License Department: (936) 539-7896
The Woodlands Sales Tax:
On November 2, 1993, voters authorized the Woodlands Board of Directors to levy and collect a one percent sales and use tax (the base 1%). Currently, the Township relies on this tax to fund substantially all of its programs, functions, and services.
Authorization of an Incremental Sales Tax
From 2001 to 2006, the Board created several economic development zones to fund improvement projects through the imposition an incremental sales tax. The additional 1% sales tax was collected within each designated zone to include funding for: the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion expansion, Town Green Park, Market Street, Waterway Square, The Woodlands Mall expansion, Fire Station #6, and The Woodlands Fire Training Facility.
Expansion of the Incremental Sales Tax
Following a public hearing held on November 16, 2007, the existing economic development zones were reorganized as The Woodlands Township Economic Development Zone. At that time, the Board imposed the incremental 1% sales and use tax within the boundaries of the expanded Township. Collections of the incremental sales and use tax will be used exclusively to satisfy funding obligations under the Transition Agreement, for The Woodlands Fire Department, and other previously established improvement projects approved by the Board.
The Woodlands Income Tax:
Texas has no personal or corporate income tax.
The Woodlands Franchise Tax:
The franchise tax rate is 1% for most taxable entities. For entities meeting the following criteria, the tax rate is 0.5 percent:
- Primarily engaged in retail or wholesale trade under division F or G of the 1987 Standard Industrial Classification Manual
- Total revenue from its activities in retail and wholesale trade is greater than the total revenue from its activities in trades other than the retail and wholesale trade
- Less than 50 percent of the total revenue from activities in retail or wholesale trade comes from the sale of products it produces or products produced by an entity that is part of an affiliated group to which the taxable entity also belongs, except for those businesses under Major Group 58 (eating and drinking establishments)
- The taxable entity does not provide retail or wholesale utilities, including telecommunications services, electricity or gas. Read our The Woodlands Utility Information page for more information.
posted May. 21st, 2013 - 9:33pm
??? ??? says:
When designing and landscaping your own house, you need to spend some time and put in numerous creativity to beautify your own front lawn or yard. ??? ??? http://www.watchbasis.com/
Add a Comment