Community Agreement / Usage Policy
TheWoodlandsTX.com is a local gathering place for neighbors in the The Woodlands, Texas area.
If you follow the goal of "Keeping TheWoodlandsTX.com Friendly," you should have no problem fitting in the with TheWoodlandsTX.com crowd!
Keep TheWoodlandsTX.com Friendly, Safe and Welcoming:
A Couple Guidelines:
- A thick skin is required to participate.
- No insults, name calling, or inflammatory comments intended to start a fight. Refrain from posting personal attacks or grievances publicly. Avoid broad negative generalizations about other TheWoodlandsTX.com members.
- If many people might interpret a message or picture as racist, bigoted or sexist, please refrain from posting it.
- Don't pretend to be someone else, or post under several usernames.
- Privacy / Anonymity: Do not post personal information (real name, address, work place, physical description, email address, family status, etc.) that would betray the anonymity of another member without permission, either publicly or in private messages. We can only enforce your anonymity/privacy if you are careful about giving out your information publicly. If you think someone has violated your privacy / anonymity, please contact an Admin ASAP.
- No "stalking behavior," including: following a member from one discussion thread to another while criticizing him/her; following someone into another thread and trying to continue a disagreement that began elsewhere; disparaging an individual in a thread where that person is not participating.
- Debate can be lively, but should remain civil and respectful, especially when it comes to sensitive topics like religion, politics, sexuality, and race.
- Keep the forums clean: messages that are too crude may get deleted. Don't post sexually explicit or violent pictures.
- No business solicitations, advertisements or spam on the forums, please.
- Please follow our strict photo guidelines when posting photos to the forums, including profile pictures.
- "Keep TheWoodlandsTX.com Friendly" applies to all participation on the site, including private messages.
Moderators have the final word on forum decisions. Any message that we feel doesn't keep the TheWoodlandsTX.com forums friendly
and inviting for others, may be removed or locked by moderators.
We are willing to discuss disputes in a calm manner, but
publicly attacking a moderator, or intentionally undermining a moderator's actions, will get your account locked.
Rules? What About Free Speech?
"But So-and-So Was Doing The Same Thing!"
Controversial Discussions Icon
« Back to the TheWoodlandsTX.com Message Boards